You've heard all the statistics why your business needs to have a presence on YouTube, but perhaps you are unsure as to the best way to actually make that happen in a consistent, meaningful way.
Creating an effective video marketing strategy takes some thought and care. It's not merely a matter of slapping up the recent company picnic video shot from your smartphone onto YouTube and expecting this to work wonders for you.
Let's examine a few of the ways you can build a practical video marketing strategy for your business.
5 Tips for building a killer video marketing strategy!
- Video your testimonials – Video is a great way to not only offer awesome social proof regarding your business and products, but can also create a lot of goodwill with those who are offering the testimonial. It's a win-win for all, and is miles beyond a print testimonial as far as veracity and usefulness.
- Be helpful – Nothing endears you to your audience like somebody that consistently offers advice and help on topics of importance to them. Use video to teach, inspire, answer questions and deliver useful tutorials.
- Product videos – Showcase your products, just not with a salesy selection of slick images followed by an obligatory call to action. Preferably, show how your products could benefit the end user in an engaging and fun way, and you'll have a customer for life!
- Brand your videos – Keeping your brand front and center in your videos is a simple way to help build brand awareness, so you're the only outfit they think of when it comes to your niche.
- Develop your YouTube Channel – Getting people to subscribe to your YouTube channel is an outstanding way to improve your reach across the Web, getting more views, links and ultimately, more traffic and sales. Brand your YouTube channel as carefully as you would your Facebook page or website, as it can be a traffic magnet!
With over 6 billion hours of YouTube videos currently being watched every month, isn't it time to get in on some of that action?