Tips to Ensure Your Emails Get Read
Practically nothing is more discouraging than spending lots of time and energy writing emails no one opens. What's more, it can also be downright unprofitable! A few percentage points more in your email open rates could mean a lot more profit. Industry averages for email marketinbg vary widely, primarily based on the market, but open rates of 25 percent are not unusual for lists that are current. Naturally, these are people who have mastered the knack of getting their emails opened. Let's look at 5 ways you can get more of your emails opened, without pulling your hair out!
5 Ways to get more emails opened
- Write what you'd want to read – The easiest way to have more of your emails opened is by providing your readers what they are asking for. Experienced email marketers consistently ask their readers for feedback.
- Get your subject line right – Crafting a compelling, intriguing, simply must-open subject line is an art you need to master. Learn to avoid spam words, and inject the kind of emotion and interest that grabs your readers by the throat.
- Be consistent in your “From” box – This is an element of your branding, but it's more than that. People need to spot and trust you showing up often in their email box. Decide who you would like it to be from, either you or your company, and stick with it.
- Show your personality – Don't be afraid to inject some of your personality into your subject lines and particularly the first line or two. (This is normally visible in your email inbox!)
- Resend your unopens – A really easy way to get more opens. Make sure you send the email again to those people who didn't open the first time, but be sure to change up the subject line a tad. You'll be surprised at the results.
Of course you will still need to make sure you have something substantial to say in the body of the email, but that's a subject for another day. At least you're going to get them opened now!